Pages


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 NIV

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Looking Ahead, Not Behind

Seven hundred twenty miles driven in twenty-     four hours, and I could not stop looking behind. While driving, you're encouraged to do that, but it got me thinking. I spend a lot of time looking around. Behind. Beside. Before. What is sneaking up from the rear? What will come over the next hill?
 What is casting that dark shadow beside me? 

What happens when I spend the majority of my time focused on these areas? I miss the present. I enjoy this moment less because I am not fully here. In my head, I am in the past or ahead of myself in the future.

I forget that God is with me now. I forget he has always been there and promises to always be right beside me.
He will show me how close I am to danger and how to avoid the wrong way - if I let him.

Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. 
Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil. (Proverbs 4:25-27 NIV)

Lord, help my eyes to see you beside me and not to focus on what is all around me. Thank you for showing me the way I should go. Amen.


Living in the Present
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqz1477S5L0

No comments:

Post a Comment