Pages


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 NIV

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Main Trail of Trust

     The path I had been following in the woods ended one hundred feet before me. The grass had grown up around it and enveloped it in a way only the wild can. With effort I could have found it, but I chose instead to turn around.

     Why had the trail been reclaimed by nature? It was not used regularly, if at all.

     Habits, like walking in worry, leave a trail in life. When I choose to habitually head down the path of worry, it makes taking the same footsteps easier the next time. But when I repeatedly turn toward the main trail of trust, I allow the undesirable way to be hidden a bit more from view.

The Main Trail of Trust


       
     You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:11 ESV)

     Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. (Proverbs 3:5-7 ESV) 

     Thus says the LORD: “Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls..." (Jeremiah 6:16a ESV)

    
    God, I desire to walk on your trail of trust and find rest for my soul. When I am tempted to take the path of worry, help me to turn around and seek your way. Thank you for the promise of fullness of joy, even when I am weary from the journey. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment