Pages


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 NIV

Friday, July 6, 2012

Impending Doom or Not

     It was a terrible way to wake up, drenched in sweat with thoughts of my child in the emergency room. In my nightmare, I was informed that my eldest son had been thrown from a car in a crash and was broken badly. The last thing I remember before waking up was rushing to the ER. That was it. Eyes open with no closure whatsoever.

     What was I to do with that? Considering my husband and children were away from me and traveling by car quite a bit over the next few days, I certainly could have clung to worry. Haven't some people's dreams warned them of impending danger?

     I considered my options. I could ruin the peaceful time I had for a few days by myself, a large portion of which I intended to use to connect with my Savior, by worrying. Or, I could trust that even if something terrible happened to my family, which it most likely wouldn't, that God would be beside me and provide as I needed the entire time. I believe I chose wisely.

     Although my family is in the car headed home as I type, I am not worried. I am not in control of what happens on the highway. All worrying would do is distract me from the peace I so long to live in daily. So, I write and I pray and I go about my day joyfully.


     You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. (Isaiah 26:3 NIV) 

     So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10 NIV)




     Thank you, Lord, for always being with me and covering me with your perfect peace. You love my family even more than I am capable of loving them. I trust you with their lives and to work all things together for good, even when I might not be able to see the good in the situation. Amen.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment