Pages


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 NIV

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Not a Resolution, a Realization

I am not going to make a resolution this year. Supposedly, according to some no-doubt highly trustworthy survey that was taken, less than ten percent of resolutions are realized. I will go a different direction altogether.

This year I am going to walk confidently in the realization that I am REDEEMED. I will look at myself the way Jesus does, not with condemnation, but with love.

LOVE.

He accepts me as I am while encouraging me to draw closer to him. I will accept my faults while allowing him to guide me in better decisions.

I will not worry about what others think of me. Their judgements, vocalized or not, do not change who I am in Christ. Their opinions can fade in the light of the King of Glory.

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."

I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.

REDEEMED.
 
My redeemer, guide me this year deeper and deeper into your truth. When I look in the mirror, remind me of who I am and whose I am.




"Redeemed" by Big Daddy Weave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFC76Z_2oC4

Isaiah 43:1-3 NIV, Isaiah 44:22 NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment