Pages


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 NIV

Monday, October 15, 2012

When God's Answer is "No"


While thinking of a new Bible verse for my kids to memorize this week, I turned first to "God is love." The short, but powerful, truth beckoned me to savor each word, read it over and over.

GOD is love.
God IS love.
God is LOVE. (1 John 4:8)

Each time I read the sentence, new meaning emerged and leaped right off the pages into my open heart.  Then doubt crept in.

What about the times God does not seem like love? What about when my prayers for healing seem to fall on deaf ears?  What about when his answer to my tears continues to be "no?"

Is he still love?


God cannot and will not act outside of love. It is his very nature. I have to stand on the truth that he says "no" because he loves me and knows way more about the situation, my heart, and my true needs, than I can imagine.

Because he loves, he is not healing my body right now. Because he loves, he allows situations into my life which cause me to grow. Because he loves, he places a longing for something deeper within my heart.

God does not cause sin or always prevent it. In his love, he gives everyone the freedom to choose good or evil, and lets consequences naturally occur. 

Does this mean I jump for joy while my tears are falling? Of course not. But I refuse to doubt that God is love when his answers to my prayers are not what I wish they were.

God has been, is, and will continue to be LOVE.

"Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns 


Yes, Jesus, you love me. I choose to believe you act and decide not to act because you are love. Either way, I want to bring glory to you. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment