Pages


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 NIV

Monday, September 3, 2012

Show Me Your Glory

Standing on a bridge, overlooking a picturesque pond and fountain, my conversation with God went something like this:

Me: "I want to see your glory, but I'll settle for seeing that huge orange striped goldfish up close. Would you please make him swim this way so I can have a better look?"

God:

Me: "He's not moving. I know you can do anything. Is it too much to ask to make him move his tail just a little and turn toward me?"

God:

Me: "Okay, I get it. You are in control of all, but sometimes the answer is no. I don't have to always understand why."

God: "Remember the hummingbird you saw at the feeder earlier and how you marveled at the speed of it's wings? That was a gift to you, a sneak peak of my glory. Remember the rainbows of light your son noticed on the wall this morning? That was for you as well. Look all around and you will see me and my glory."

Before leaving, I glanced at the faint shape of the fish in the distance one last time, and thought about the glory that will be revealed to all someday. Some of it is still out of reach, but one day all will be seen clearly. Turning to go, I came face to face with a large praying mantis bug clinging to the wall beside me, and laughed out loud.

Me: "Thank you, Lord, for making me laugh. I will try to appreciate the gifts you give me in your perfect timing."

God: "I love you!"

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. (Psalm 19:1 NIV)

...We look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. (Titus 2:13 NLT)

"Show Me Your Glory" by Jesus Culture 


No comments:

Post a Comment