Pages


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 NIV

Monday, June 11, 2012

Confessions of Worry



     Dwelling on worry speaks volumes to the world around me. At times I realize what I am saying. Often I push the awareness away, preferring to hide in denial.

     Still, it speaks, and the volume is deafening.

It confesses:

      I don't trust God.

     Only I know what is best in this situation.

     God does not have control of this area of my life.

     I choose comfort over resting in the unknown.

     I believe God's love for me is conditional.


 I want my life to speak peace and hope and joy, while exuding love and truth.


     I can trust God.

     He knows what is best in each situation.

     I give him control of all areas of my life.

     I desire to rest in his plans for me rather than my comfortable known world.

     God's love for me is unconditional and without end.


     Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.  (Proverbs 3:5-6 AMP)


     Almighty God, I want to shout peace to those around me. I want to ooze trust in a doubting world. May I trust you so completely that plan A, B, and C for each day is to walk with you whatever may come. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment