Pages


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 NIV

Friday, May 18, 2012

No Loss of Sleep

     Three children were sick, my husband had to leave town on short notice, and I was scheduled to work for the next three evenings. My flesh begged me to panic. I wanted to hide under my covers, but experience told me that option only worsened the situation.

     When the temptation to worry dangled like a carrot in front of me, I chose to trust.

     My evening could have consisted of frantic phone calls. Sweet sleep could have eluded me. Instead, I turned to God's word and believed that he would work it out somehow. Not a single nightmare ensued.

     In the calm of the morning, the phone rang and answers fell into place.

     Can I guarantee solutions will always be that easy? No. Am I grateful that God showed me so clearly he had the situation under his control? Yes! Do I give him the opportunity to provide for my needs as much as he would like me to? No.

     I am a work in progress. I am trusting him one day, one situation at a time. I choose not to spend my limited number of days in this world worrying. It only brings unease. I prefer a home permeated with peace.


    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? (Luke 12:25 NIV)
     
    You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! 
        (Isaiah 26:3 NLT)

   
     Jesus, thank you for continually proving yourself trustworthy. I confess I do not let you reveal your abundant blessings often enough. Hold me each night as I rest peacefully in your loving arms. Use me to teach others to turn toward you in the same way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment