Pages


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 NIV

Sunday, February 12, 2012

When God Seems Silent

      God and I often walk through the day together, conversing freely about the people and events I encounter. Praising him, inquiring of him, and trying to see with his eyes are becoming the norm rather than the exception. I am at peace when I am in his presence. My concerns evaporate in his brilliant light.
    
      But today is not peaceful. Today God seems silent. And I know why.

      It is not because he has pulled away, like a frustrated friend or lover who needs more time and space. He does not change. I believe his promise to never to leave me. No, the fault rests on my shoulders.

      I have sinned. 

      I turned my face from him and stepped in a direction I knew he did not wish me to go. He is not silent. Darkness I embraced has muffled our dialogue. How can I expect to hear him when I am not willing to listen?

      Ever so quietly, I hear him whisper, "Make it right." Yes, the blood of Jesus covers my sins, but he asks me to admit my fault, seek forgiveness, and turn back to look upon his loving face once more. Then, and only then, will I be able to hear him clearly

     I will listen to what God the LORD says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants— but let them not turn to folly. (Psalm 85:8 NIV)

    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9 NIV)

    Llisten to me; be silent, and I will teach you wisdom. (Job 33:33b NIV)


    Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayers. I am sorry I turned my face away from you. As your forgiveness washes over me, I once again enjoy your peace that passes all understanding. Help me hear you clearly once more. Amen.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment