Pages


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 NIV

Friday, February 3, 2012

Sleep in Peace

      My sweet girl slept soundly in her crib, dreaming secret two-year-old dreams. I stroked her hair and said a prayer of thanks to my Father for the little life he's entrusted to me. Love for her washed over me as the sound of her tiny breaths tickled my ears. To be in that moment, fully, was a gift from God. The gentle words I heard next pulled at my heart.

     "I watch you with love while you sleep too, my child."

     Me? Ordinary me, looked upon in love, sung over, protected. I am his child. He has promised to always be with me. I can truly sleep in peace tonight.

     The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. (Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV) 

     Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 
(Matthew 11:28 NIV)

     My Loving Father, I rest under your gentle gaze. You are with me when I sleep and when I wake, always available to hear my cry. Thank you for showing me through my daughter a picture of the love you have for me. Amen.

Song "Nothing to Cry About" by Alli Rogers, with pictures of my daughter. 
http://youtu.be/-fVAzZpBQts

No comments:

Post a Comment